UKBA (United Kingdom Border Agency)
(From 31 March 2009, all students must apply either as an adult student or a child student (under tier 4 of the new points-based system).

All RALSA schools have been inspected by the immigration authorities under the new Tier 4 system criteria and all students will as of the 31st March only be able to apply to such institutes that hold the license of sponsorship. The school will be responsible for sending the correct documentation in support of a student’s application to enter the UK to take up their desired course or courses of study.

RALSA schools take their responsibilities in terms of immigration and the regulations of students entering into the UK very seriously and welcome the new measures that the UKBA have implemented.

The new Tier 4 system coupled with the accreditation scheme all member schools are part highlight the desire to offer students the very best in not only their Education but also their welfare whilst in the UK.

Click on the link below to find out more.


Some students will need to register with the police. This only applies to ‘aliens’ (people from some countries which are not part of the European Union or Commonwealth) who are over 16 years old and are staying in the UK for more than 6 months.

If you need to register with the police, this will be stamped in your passport when you arrive in the UK. You must register within 7 days. The foreign nationals registration office is at:

The Police Station
Madeira Road

telephone: 01202 222087
opening hours: 9:30 am – 1 pm; Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri

You will need to bring

  • the registration fee of £34 (cash only)
  • 2 recent passport-sized photographs
  • your passport
  • your school offer letter with details of your studies
© RALSA 2009